|when||Saturday, January 20, 2018|
|Trip Report : January 23, 2016|
|where||Usery Mountain Regional Park|
This is the Arizona Trailblazer award potluck.
Bring an ethnic dish (you choose which). We will do a short and long hike.
The long hike requires some scrambling up rocks.
Both will be less than 4 hours. Return to the Ramada and have lunch.
After lunch have the hiking awards presentations.
The ramadas have power for crock pots. We need one or more persons to sit with the crock pots while we are hiking. There is an area for kids next to the ramadas.
• If you are bring food to the potluck please use the following web site.
• The following link is set up to not require a sign in:
• The first & last name does need to be completed, but at least 1 letter must be entered in each.
• Select RSVP and then the site will lead you though the process.
• Please select what type of dish you are bringing.
• The club will provide paper plates, cups & utensils for the potluck.
|distance||4 or 6 miles|
|time||less than 4 hours|
|EC||1,000' or 1,500' elevation change|
|elevations||1,900' to 3,300' (long hike)|
|starting at||Ramada C1, Group Picnic Area, Usery Mountain Park|
|on trail||100% — Pass Mountain Loop, Wind Cave (short Hike), top of Pass Mountain for the long hike.|
|rating||"C" Rate yourself as a hiker.|
|cost||$6/car for admission to Usery Mountain Park. Sharing gas expenses with the driver. The club also allows voluntary contributions of $5 per non-member or bring a food item. The club will have 10 discounted passes at the January 16 meeting for $4.50. Persons willing to pick up others from Red Mountain Park will have first call on the passes.|
|leader||You must email the leader to confirm|
|meet||7:00 AM in east Mesa at Red Mountain Park located at 7745 E. Brown Rd. in Mesa (south side of Brown Road just east of Power Road). We will car pool from here, or you can go straight to Usery Park (7:45 AM).|
• Continue east on Brown to Ellsworth Road. Then turn left (north).
• Stay on Ellsworth until you get to Usery Park on the right.
• Enter, pay $6 and continue to Ramada C1, where the hike starts.
|Schedule of Events||Arizona Trailblazers Home Page|
|updated December 7, 2017||© Copyright 2017, Arizona Trailblazers. All rights reserved.|