Colorful cobblestones line Bear Sign Canyon.
The weather report for Sedona for Saturday May 1,1999, according to CNN,
was for partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the high 50s.
Since the Dry Creek Hike, scheduled a month earlier, had been cancelled
due to inclement weather in Sedona, we were hesitant to try again.
However, we decided to take our chances and head on up.
Jeannie and I met Chuck Parsons and Mike Wargel at Denny’s on Bell
Road at 7:30.
We waited a few minutes to see if any more fellow hikers would arrive.
It turns out that no one else was willing to chance being rained on.