|when||June 17, 2017|
|Trip Report : June 25, 2016|
|Trip Report : July 19, 2014|
|Trip Report : August 3, 2013|
|Trip Report : August 8, 2009|
Beautiful hike in Flagstaff. We’ll go counterclockwise:
Starting at the Schulz creek trailhead take the Rocky Ridge Trail, then
the Brookbank Trail, Sunset Trail and finally the Shultz Creek Trail.
We may see water running in the creek. Parts of this hike are steep,
but we’ll be in the shade of pines, aspen and Douglas fir.
Mileage may vary on this hike as the trails are not very well marked.
Come with a flexible outlook on mileage and we’ll have a great time.
This hike is described in Footloose from Phoenix, by Ted Tenny, pages 273-279.
|EC||+-2100' elevation change|
|elevations||7180' (Schultz Creek Trailhead) to 9275' (top of Brookbank Trail)|
|rating||"B" Rate yourself as a hiker.|
|on trail||100% — Schultz Creek, Sunset, Brookbank, and Rocky Ridge Trails|
|cost||Sharing gas expenses with the driver.
The club also allows voluntary contributions of $5 per non-member.
6:30 AM in the
Fry’s parking lot on the SW corner of I-17 & Bell Road. Park
behind Denny’s, near the entrance to the Deer Valley Park & Ride.
33° 38.307' N, 112° 7.024' W [NAD27]
|If you are meeting us in Flagstaff, be at the Target parking lot at the corner of Milton and University (just north of I-17) in the corner of the lot next to the traffic light, by 8:15 AM.|
1. Take I-17 north to Flagstaff.
2. Leave Flagstaff on highway 180 north.
3. Go past the Museum of Northern Arizona to Schultz Pass Road (FR 420).
4. Turn right (east) on Schultz Pass Road (FR 420) and continue 0.5 miles.
5. Turn left (north) to stay on Schultz Pass Road and continue for 0.3 miles.
6. Turn right (east) and go down the hill toward Schultz Creek.
7. The trailhead is marked with a sign near the creek.
|Schedule of Events||Arizona Trailblazers Home Page|
|updated June 19, 2017||© Copyright 2017, Arizona Trailblazers. All rights reserved.|